Monday, August 20, 2018

Blog Update: "Above, Down, Inside-out, and Everything in Between"

Ok! Last name change, I promise.

When I changed the blog from "Doc B on Health & Fitness" to "Linked Life, in Style", I was trying to connect the theme while paying homage to my roots in Linked Lifestyle. Linked Lifestyle was an idea that never took shape, inspired and originated by Brian Barry and myself. We wanted to grow Linked Athletics into something bigger, something that could change lives, not just fitness levels. The idea was to create 5 aspects of health, inspired by my chiropractic education (salutagenesis) and Brian's fitness background. The result was conceptualized in the following graphic:


I am still so very proud of the hard work and thoughtfulness that went into this project. In the end, time, money and energy were the limiting resources... plus I got married and had children.

Back to the point.
I wanted to somehow link the concepts and have that "easter egg" as the title of the blog. After I made the name change, though, I was left unsettled.

My blog had become my journaling station, my thoughts and ideas made digital. It was not about health or fitness or Linked Lifestyle, no matter how much I wanted to make it so.

So I've come to the decision to "rebrand" my blog to "Above, Down, Inside-out, and Everything in Between". It is a mashup of a chiropractic philosophy epitome and a Douglas Adams books. It encompass' everything, and therefore titles this blog perfectly.

Thanks for reading,
DocBDC